DESIGN A WOODEN BRIDGE
"principles of load bearing are important for industrial designers"
• Bridge total weight with paper skin not to exceed 1.8 oz
• 1/8th inch (.125) Wooden Dowels only (Max 10 dowels)
• YELLOW Wood Glue (no epoxy or hot glue)
• Use thin tracing paper to skin the bridge in order to create an aesthetically pleasing design. No colored paper or multi-layered skins.
• Bridge must span an 18” chasm
• Only 1 inch of bridge length can be used on either end of the bridge for support (i.e. 20” bridge total length)
• Total bridge length cannot exceed 20 inches.
• Must hold 15 pounds hung around and from the top center of the bridge with a strap
• Cannot be wider than 3” at its widest point
• Parallel members cannot be glued together. When tested, the bridge can only apply force to the top surface on which it is placed
Total weight: 1.5 oz
Total length: 20"
My hold pounds: 45 lb